Register your Agency
Any non-profit agency that meets the criteria for membership is welcome to register as an agency of the NH Food Bank. We currently have more than 400 active registered agencies. To utilize the Food Bank, an agency must:
- be a private, non-profit tax exempt entity under the IRS 501(c)3 code
- distribute food at no cost to the people they serve
- meet health department requirements for handling and storing food
Participating programs include pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, youth services, elderly services, domestic violence organizations, and on site feeding programs.
To register your agency with the NH Food Bank, take the following steps:
- Write a letter of request for registration on your organization's letterhead, specifying the type of program you run (food pantry, soup kitchen, shelter, meals on wheels, youth services, residential meals, detox, elderly services, etc.) Attach a copy of your 501(c)3 determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Once your application has been reviewed, a NH Food Bank staff member or volunteer will contact you to schedule an on-site inspection of your facility.
- Once the inspection is complete, an appointment for orientation must be made. The two hour orientation covers NH Food Bank salvage operations, review of our policies and procedures and a tour of our facility. To see a schedule of upcoming orientation dates, please visit our Workshops page.
How can I help?
Looking for more information?
Visit the Contact Us page to contact the appropriate staff member, or call us at
Monday - Thursday 8am to 3pm
Friday 8am to 2 pm
Monday - Thursday 8am to 4pm
Friday 8am to 2pm