Become a Partner Agency
Any non-profit agency that meets the criteria for membership is welcome to register as an agency of the NH Food Bank. We currently have more than 425 active partner agencies. To utilize the Food Bank, an agency must:
- Be a private, non-profit tax exempt entity under the IRS 501(c)3 code
- Distribute food at no cost to the people they serve
- Meet health department requirements for handling and storing food
Participating programs include pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, youth services, elderly services, domestic violence organizations, and on site feeding programs.
To register your agency with the NH Food Bank, take the following steps:
- Ensure you meet the criteria for membership.
- Write a letter of request for registration on your organization’s letterhead, specifying the type of program you run (food pantry, soup kitchen, shelter, meals on wheels, youth services, residential meals, detox, elderly services, etc.) Attach a copy of your 501(c)3 determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Have your agency director fill out the Registration Application.
- Once your application has been reviewed, a NH Food Bank staff member or volunteer will contact you to schedule an on-site inspection of your facility and conduct an orientation for new shoppers. The two-hour orientation covers a general overview of the NH Food Bank, our online ordering system, and a review of our policies & procedures.