Food Stamps = SNAP

In 2008, the federal Food Stamp Program was renamed the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). In New Hampshire, you will notice the program referred to as the Food Stamp Program, SNAP, or even EBT, which stands for Electronic Benefits Transfer. An EBT card, much like a debit card, is what someone utilizing SNAP (Food Stamps) uses to purchase food at the grocery store and at some farmer’s markets. If you have doubts about applying for Food Stamps, check out the beliefs and facts below.